What does one expect when a bunch of photographers get together at a photo exhibition?
Last week I was part of the group who turned up for the Photo Israel International Exhibition 2021 in Tel Aviv.
What I saw (approximately in sequence) was the following:
- How a Chassidic photographer blends in seamlessly to the scene
- A presenting photographer answering a viewing photographer’s incisive questions
- Waste material awash on the bank of the Yarkon River (site of the exhibition). This was a premonition of the two exhibits that impressed us most—both on the subject of waste materials.
- Ocean waste materials collected by Mandy Barker which she photographed as asteroids in space
- Rembrandt interpretation of waste materials collected and photographed by Bob Eshuis in Amsterdam
- Last photo: Fires from incendiary bombs sent from Gaza being fought in the Negev. The photographer is Ido Halevy and yours truly is next to him.